Worsted weight yarn, (Red Heart Super Saver, 2 skeins
9 mm crochet hook
- S: Chain 63; Medium: Chain 69; Large to XL: Chain 75
- Mark the center stitch of the row.
Working with a 9 mm hook, and 1 strand of worsted weight yarn:
Double crochet in the 3rd stitch from the hook (“V”stitch),
*skip the next 2 stitches,
in the next stitch make: double crochet, chain 1, double crochet (V stitch);
repeat from * up to the marked stitch in the center, skipping 2 stitches before the center
In the center stitch make: 3 double crochet, chain 1, 3 double crochet.
*Skip the next 2 stitches,
V stitch in the next stitch,
repeat from, * across the row.
(S: 20 V stitch, 1 shell; M-L: 22V stitch, 1 shell; L- XL: 24 V stitch, 1 shell)
- Turn, slip stitch into the next chain 1 space, chain 3, double crochet in the same stitch.
Make a V stitch in every chain 1 space up to the center stitch.
In the chain 1 space of the center stitch make: 3 double crochet, chain 1, 3 double
V stitch in every remaining chain 1 space of the row.
- Repeat step 3 until the poncho is as long as desired. (Block to get the true length, or the
poncho will lengthen with wear.)
- Make 2 identical pieces, one for the front and one for the back.
Stack and sew across the shoulders, and down the sides, leaving openings for the arms.
END OF PATTERN
WATCH THE VIDEO:
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PATTERN PDF