Here is a free crochet pattern so you can make a quick and easy women’s vest. The open design is gorgeous!
This pattern works up very, very quickly, due to the use of a large 9 mm crochet hook, which also adds a lacy element to the finished garment! Whip these up in lots of different colors to go with your outfits!
SCROLL DOWN for the Written Pattern, Video Tutorial and free PDF Download.
Any size yarn
any size hook
(This sample used: Red Heart Super Saver, and a 9 mm crochet hook)
COPYRIGHT PROTECTED: Permission is not given to copy, distribute, give away or resell
this pattern, in print, or as a digital file. For people who would like this pattern, please refer them to this blog to get their own:
Work a chain, not stretched, that reaches across the front of your body at the largest
part. If your hips are larger than your chest, make the chain so that it reaches from side
to side across the hips.
- Working in the back side of the stitch only, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
- Chain 1 and turn, working in the back side of the stitch, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
This row must end with an odd number of stitches, if not, add one extra single crochet in the last stitch.
- Chain 3 and turn, (takes the place of the 1st dc and the chain 1 space), *skip the next stitch, double
crochet in the next stitch (working in the back side of the stitch). Repeat from* across the row, ending with
a double crochet in the last stitch.
- Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row, (back side of stitch), working in both the dc and the chain
- Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row, working in the back side of the stitch.
- Repeat the sequence of step 4, 5, 6 until the work is as long as you would like the vest to be from the
bottom edge to the shoulders.
Fasten off with a yarn end long enough to sew the shoulder seam.
- Make 2 front sections in the same manner, making them approx. 1/2 the width of the back, or wider if
you would like the vest to over-lap.
- Stack the layers, sew the shoulder seams and the side seams. Weave all yarn ends into the finished
WATCH THE VIDEO:
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PATTERN PDF