This is a very quick and easy baby dress to make. And versatile as well, it can be worn as a sundress, or as a jumper with a tshirt or blouse under it! Mindless work, no referring back to the pattern over and over, the skirt is all repetition of one row.
SCROLL DOWN for the Written Pattern, Video Tutorial and free PDF Download.
Worsted weight yarn, or any size yarn (300 – 400 yards)
6.5 mm crochet hook, or any size hook
COPYRIGHT PROTECTED: Permission is not given to copy, distribute, give away or resell this pattern, in print, or as a digital file.USE ANY SIZE YARN AND ANY CORRESPONDING HOOK for this design.
- (Sample was worked with worsted weight and 6.5 hook, or use double knitting and 4.5 hook, or 2 strandsof double knitting and a 6.5 mm hook)
6 – 12 months: chain 10 (or a chain that measures 3 inches)
- Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and each stitch of the chain.
- Chain 1 and turn, working in the back side of the stitch only, single crochet in each stitch across the
- Repeat step 3 until the work measures18 inches.
- Bring the foundation row and last row completed together, and slip stitch to join. (Forms a large tube.)
- Chain 1, working along one side of the tube, single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
chain 2 and turn, make 2 double crochet in the same stitch, make 3 double crochet in each stitch
around, slip stitch to join. (For a less full skirt, work 2 double crochet in each stitch, instead of 3.)
- Chain 2, and turn, make 2 double crochet in the same stitch, *skip the next 2 stitches, make 3 double
crochet in the next stitch, repeat from * around, slip stitch to join in the top of the first chain 2.
- Slip stitch up to the center stitch of the next shell, chain 2, make 2 double crochet in the same stitch,
In the center stitch of each remaining shell, make 3 double crochet, at the end of the row, slip stitch to join
in the top of the first chain 2.
- Repeat step 8 until the skirt is 6-12 mths: 17 inches
- Loopy bottom: Chain 3, *skip the next stitch, single crochet in the next stitch, repeat from * around.
Slip stitch into the next loop, *chain 3, single crochet in the next loop, repeat from *
around. Add as many loopy rows as desired for the length by repeating the last row.
(3 loopy rows in this sample.)
- Straps: Work a chain that is long enough to reach from front to back, over the shoulders.
3-6 months: 20 stitches;
*Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and each stitch of the chain.
Repeat from * for 4 rows;
LOOPY BORDER: Work as many rows of loopy rows as desired: *chain 3, skip the next stitch, single
crochet in the next stitch, repeat from * across the row. (3 rows in this sample)
- Attach straps to front of dress with a yarn needle and same yarn.
Attach straps to the back of the dress, meeting in the back; this will prevent the straps from slipping off
SPACE BETWEEN STRAPS IN FRONT:
3-6 months: 1.5 inch;
Weave all yarn ends into the finished work.
END OF PATTERN
WATCH THE VIDEO:
DOWNLOAD THE FREE PATTERN PDF