Use this free crochet pattern and video tutorial to make an easy neckrope accessory. Make it delicate, or chunky, it’s all up to you! This design was worked using Red Heart Unforgettable, in the colors: “Parrot”, and “Bistro”. Very easy to make!
Any yarn of your choice, (Red Heart Unforgettable used in this design),
Any hook of your choice, (5.5 mm used in this design.)
Button, and a yarn needle.
- Crochet a chain that is the length you would like for your neck accessory. (In this design, 73 stitches.)
- Single crochet in the 2ndstitch from the hook, and in the next 9 stitches.
- Mark 10 stitches from the other end of the chain, and work a chain that is the same number of stitches between the 2 sections of 10 stitches at each end. Clarification in the video here: https://youtu.be/P_PwjdL95AI Single crochet in the last 10 stitches of the original chain.
- Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in the next 9 stitches, Chain as many stitches for a chain cord as the previous row, single crochet in the last 10 stitches.
- Repeat step 4 for as many strands as desired, fasten off.
- Fold one end tab in half, and sew a button on the end of the work.
- Fold the other end in half, attach yarn, (4 ft length folded in half, pull the fold through) chain as many stitches as needed to pass over your button. Fold back onto the tab end, and attach to the work, weave the yarn end into the finished work.
End of pattern
Other Patterns you might like: