Crochet this unisex baby beanie, in all sizes from newborn to 3 yrs! So cute, and you can change the look by adding embellishments of your choice… with this free crochet pattern, they are so quick and easy, it would only take a few hours to make 1/2 dozen hats for a shower gift!!
MATERIALS: Worsted weight yarn, 9 mm crochet hook (US M or N), Yarn needle
INSTRUCTIONS: Gauge: 2 stitches long and 2 rows high = 1 sq inch
- Working with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn, and a 9 mm crochet hook:
Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring.
- Chain 1, make: Newborn to 6 months: 7 single crochet in the ring;
6 to 12 months: 8 single crochet in the ring;
1 to 3 yrs: 9 single crochet in the ring;
slip stitch to join.
- Chain 1 and turn, make 2 single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join. (14, 16, 18 stitches)
- Repeat step 3. (28, 32, 38 stitches)
- *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
Repeat from * for: Newborn -6 mths: 6 rows; 6 – 12 mths: 8 rows; 1 – 3 yrs: 10 rows.
- Chain 2 and turn, double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join and fasten off. Weave yarn ends
into the finished work.
END OF PATTERN
OTHER PATTERNS YOU MIGHT LIKE: