Worsted weight yarn, worked 2 strands (Yardage: 2-4 yrs: total 600 yds; 4-8 yrs: 800 yds;
8-10 yrs: 1200 yds; 10-16 yrs: 1800 yds; Adult S-M: 2100 yds; M-L: 2300 yds; XL: 2500 – 2800yds
9 mm crochet hook, (US M or N)
- Works bottom up, make 2 identical sections (1 front and 1 back)
Age 2 – 4: Chain 30
Age 4 – 8: Chain 32
Age 8 – 10: Chain 36
Age 10 – 16: Chain 44
Adult Small-Medium: Chain 48
Adult Medium – Large: Chain 56
Adult Large – XLarge: Chain 66
- Double crochet in the 3rd stitch from the hook, and each stitch of the chain.
- Chain 2 and turn, front post double crochet in the next stitch, back
post double crochet in the next stitch, double crochet in each stitch across the row, alternate front and
back post double crochet in the last 3 stitches. (NOTE*** For adult sizes, work front and back posts in
the first 4 stitches of the row, and the last 4 stitches of the row. )
- Repeat step 3 until the desired length is reached.
(Examples: 2-4 yrs: 24 inches; 4-8 yrs: 28 inches;
8-10 yrs: 32 inches; 10-16 yrs:34 inches,
Adult short: 36 inches; adult tall: 40 inches)
- Work alternating front and back post double crochet across the row
for the final row, which will form the shoulders and the neckline.
Stack 2, sew together at the shoulders, leaving an opening large enough to pull on over the head.
Sew buttons on the sides attaching the front and back together.
End of pattern
Other Patterns you may like: