It’s that time of year again! The time when our toes need a little extra attention and warmth. Just in time for Fall, you can learn to crochet these cosy socks yourself. Watch the video tutorial on YouTube, and scroll down for all the details!
Worsted weight yarn
5.5 mm crochet hook
Watch the video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/KnWJER7kT9k
PURCHASE THIS PATTERN for ALL SIZES FROM 2 yrs to adult xlarge here:
- Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring.
- Carry the yarn along the outside of the ring to be able to close the hole.
6 – 10 yrs: chain 1, make 8 single crochet in the ring, slip stitch to join.
- Chain 1 and turn, (I always turn to avoid the stitches taking on a twisted appearance),
*single crochet in the next stitch, 2 single crochet in the next stitch, repeat from * around, slip
stitch to join. (6 – 10 yrs: 12 stitches)
- Repeat step 3. 6. – 10 yrs : 18 stitches)
- *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
Repeat from * until the work measures: 6 – 10 yrs: 6 inches
- Change to contrasting color if desired to work the heel.
Chain 1, single crochet to 1/2 the distance around, *chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each
stitch of the contrasting color, repeat from * until the entire length of the sock (toe to heel) measures 7 – 8
- Fold the heel in half, and slip stitch to join the 2 opposite corners. Fasten off.
- Work with the main color: *chain 1, turn, single crochet in each stitch around the opening, slip stitch to
join. Repeat from * until the leg section is as tall as desired. (5 inch recommended for 6-10 yrs). Fasten
- Cuff: Attach contrasting color yarn, chain 2, double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to
join. Chain 2, work alternating front post and back post double crochet in each stitch around,
slip stitch to join and fasten off.
- Thread yarn end from the heel section into a needle, and sew the heel opening closed.
Want to keep your neck warm too? Check out my latest free scarf pattern:
Perhaps you made the beginner ribbed crochet hat we posted last week and were wishing for a scarf to go with it…well look no further, here is the perfect scarf for those chilly fall and winter days.
Scroll down for the downloadable/printable pdf pattern.1008-UNISEX-FRINGED-SCARF
Want to make a nice and easy hat? Check here for a free pdf pattern and video tutorial.
Make these easy crochet flowers yourself. Watch the video tutorial or download the pdf.
Here’s a beautiful crochet hat pattern for you!
Scroll down below the photo for the free pdf download.
Click here to download the free elf hat crochet pattern pdf.
This crochet shrug is so easy and fast you won’t believe it!
You can watch the tutorial on YouTube: Free Shrug Crochet Pattern.
Find the full pattern (pictured below) here: Crochet Shrug/Vest Pattern #1055
scroll down for the free version…
Get the free printable shrug pattern here: OMG Quick Shrug1019
Another great free crochet pattern from Hectanooga!
Click here to download this free pattern: Free Crochet Leg Warmers Pattern
Make these quick and easy fingerless gloves: Free Fingerless Gloves Crochet Pattern